Tuesday 4 January 2011

Rubbish!

I couldn't think off the top of my head, so I perused my programme in an attempt to remind myself when the last time I would have left The Valley with a convincing sense of genuine happiness (rather than relief disguised as such). There have been wins along the way, but in all cases they have been tinged with strong doubts and numerous question marks.

Perhaps only those who were at Peterborough could truly say they've had value for money this season, but let's face it, every team has a freak result every now and again.

This team is some considerable way from a promotion challenge. It is little wonder that the crowds at The Valley are falling fast: and they will continue to do so.

And yet, somehow we're still 5th...

Last nights all-to-familiar horror show was reminiscent of the type of performance we endured the year we went down from the Championship. No passion, no desire, no game plan, no idea. Just not good enough in every department (including the coaching, it would appear). When the simplest of 5 yard passes become problematic, you're in big trouble. Parkinson's substitutions smacked of desperation...and even that never worked.

And as if we've not been humiliated enough, next up is free-flowing Spurs. God help us! I should be looking forward to the game, but if my ticket hadn't been bought for me with all good intentions by my Brother-In-Law I'd not bother going. In the 17 years I've been regularly watching the Addicks I've never once not wanted to go to a game.

The club's new owners have some job on their hands and I wish them all the luck in the world. They'll need it.

Like the fool and idiot I clearly am, I'll put myself up for further disappointment...forever hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment