Sunday 7 October 2012

Coasting To A Win...

 
Football is a funny old game. After two disappointing home games which heralded just a single point when it could and perhaps should have been 6, we go and grab an unlikely away win at Blackpool. The dark clouds lift and the naysayers crawl back under their stones...for now, at least. They should rightly be embarrassed that their over-reactions after Tuesday look pretty foolish now.
 
This really is a division in which anyone can beat anyone.
 
I wasn't able to follow the action much yesterday (save a few quick glances at Twitter) as I was flying by the seat of my pants driving back home from work in Islington to meet friends for an evening out in The O2. Not being quite so obsessed about matters I can't control felt quite good and I certainly felt more relaxed for it. My Mum sent me a text proclaiming Solly had bagged our second and a huge grin reached across my face. His long-awaited goal was an absolute stunner and just rewards for the travelling Addicks who made the long trip north. 
 
The result makes the league table (right) look a little more respectable, and for the record, it's about this position that I expect us to finish this season. We now have a break for the internationals before we face Barnsley at The Valley on the 20th. With the club selling all tickets for a fiver, it's looking to be a bumber crowd. Hopefully Charlton do not freeze under the curse that seems to follow these sort of promotional days.
 
I saw a tweet from the author and Charlton fan, Charlie Connelly yesterday which made me laugh, and pretty much sums up life as an Addick. He wrote "I love been a Charlton fan - 2-0 up in injury time and even the official club twitter feed is praying we can hang on" Brilliant! We can all relate to that feeling.
 
If you want some light Sunday afternoon reading, the best place to find the collective thoughts of yesterday's game by my fellow bloggers is here.
 
Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment