Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Curious Case of David Button...

Boy, Charlton do know how to make life difficult for themselves. As if having only one senior striker in the squad isn't concerning enough, 'keeper, David Button, has now been surprisingly sold to Brentford for an undisclosed fee meaning we've only got one senior player in that position as well.
 
If I didn't know any better, I'd begin to think this is some sort of sick joke Charlton are playing on us. Any moment now it will be revealed as such and a plethora of new players will be announced to the huge relief of the Addickted. We'll all have a laugh and then we'll go on and win the Championship easily. Slater and El Jimenez will be held aloft at the Valley like the heroes they are destined to be. 
 
It is a joke, isn't it?
 
If I didn't know any better, I'd suspect El Jimenez is slumped on a big leather armchair somewhere, turning his brandy glass in his hand, taking occasional sips and smiling contently like some sort of demented tyrant. I imagine his wife calling out to him "phone for you, dear" she says. "Who is it" he snaps. "That nice man Chris Powell...he's most insistent you talk to him". Jimenez slumps deeper in his chair. "I'm not in. Tell him I'm not in". 
 
I say 'if I didn't know any better' because surely our owner wouldn't do such a thing, would he?
 
Twitter is alive with Charlton fans confused and angry. Some sort of sign Mr. Jimenez, please. Just something to let us know it will all be OK...

No comments:

Post a Comment